Rhodri has extensive international and cross-border transactional legal experience and regularly advises a range of clients in the UK and internationally on all aspects of investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general company law. Rhodri also leads Acuity's start-up and high growth initiative and advises start-up companies in scaling-up through national and international investments.
Prior to joining Acuity, Rhodri's notable international cross-border transactional experience included advising:
- A UK headquartered online technology platform on its proposed investment from a California based company
- A MENA headquartered energy efficiency technology business on its proposed investment from a US investor through its Luxembourg based fund
- A UK based investment fund on its acquisition of ground based PV solar farms from a Chinese PV solar developer
- A ground based PV solar developer in relation to a commercial project agreement to develop photovoltaic solar farms in the Republic of Ireland
- A Chinese conglomerate on the establishment of its UK and Dutch holding company group corporate structuring
- A US headquartered health food company on its corporate reorganisation in Sweden, Romania, India and South Korea
- A listed company on its proposed disposal of subsidiaries in the LATAM region
- A MENA headquartered lender and a European infrastructure asset company on their proposed joint acquisition of photovoltaic solar projects in the MENA region
- A listed East Asia technology company on its proposed acquisition of assets from a company then in Chapter 11 protection
- A global infrastructure company on the corporate re-organisation of its European renewable energy and transportation businesses
- A Canadian headquartered insurance company on its majority investment in a UK animal product supply business
Rhodri graduated from Cardiff University and completed his Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course in London. He trained and qualified with international law firm Pinsent Masons LLP in London before moving to Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP in 2015 where he also led the start-up initiative in Cardiff. Rhodri joined Acuity Legal in November 2018.