Edward is a commercial real estate specialist advising clients on high value transactions, projects and portfolio management. He acts for private equity and property investment funds as well as commercial landlords, technology companies and high street names. Previously at DLA Piper, Edward specialised in real estate finance and restructuring law before leaving DLA Piper to found Maple & Black in 2011. Focussing on recruiting ex-city lawyers, Edward grew Maple & Black before merging the practice with Acuity in 2018.
- Acting for Credit Suisse on the sale of the former Midland Bank HQ at 27-35 Poultry, London (the location of the infamous Goldfinger vaults and now The Ned).
- Advising Bluebird Partners on the acquisition and subsequent sale of holiday parks in Isle of Wight.
- Advising for various developers on the acquisition, development and sale of sites, notably F3 Group.
- Acting for various London landlords on acquisitions and the refinancing and management of their portfolios.
- Acting for Notonthehighstreet on the acquisition of their new HQ at the former Pepsi building at 63 Kew Road.
- Acting for Our/Vodka (a global venture under Pernod Ricard) on the acquisition of their distillery in London.
- Edward has a particular passion for new business and innovation and counts a number of successful start-up businesses and entrepreneurs amongst his clients.
Edward studied law at the University of Birmingham before completing his LPC at the College of Law in Guildford. He trained at Lee Bolton & Lee in Westminster where he qualified into public and parliamentary law before deciding to specialise in real estate.