Ben’s early career was spent in the insurance sector. He opted for a change in career and joined Acuity in 2013 before qualifying in 2015.
Ben specialises in real estate advice and transactions and has experience advising clients in a variety of transactions with a particular focus on development work.
Ben also has experience in advising on, drafting and negotiating a variety of real estate documents including:
- Agreements for lease conditional on planning and the completion of both landlord and tenant works
- Various forms of lease
- Acquisition agreements conditional on planning
- Overage deeds
- Option agreements
- Transfers of part
- Deeds of easement
- Crossing agreements
- Reports on title and certificate of title
- Deeds of surrender
- Assisting on the real estate elements of the acquisition and negotiation of rights necessary to develop a biomass power station in Port Talbot.
- Assisting senior fee earners in relation to the ongoing development of Central Square, Cardiff.
- Advising and assisting a client with the management and disposal of a portfolio of properties including the negotiation of contractual documents for sales to commercial and residential developers.
- Advising and assisting a developer in the acquisition and leasing of retail development sites to be leased to multinational PLCs.
- Assisting the lead fee earner in relation to £200m mixed-use residential, affordable housing and secondary school development in Southwark, London.
- Advising and assisting a client on the steps necessary to procure vacant possession of a development property subject to historic agricultural tenancies.
- Advising a developer on the acquisition of a site to be developed as offices including the subsequent reporting to secure development finance.
- Advising clients in relation to disputed overage provisions including the appointment of RICS independent experts.
Ben completed his legal qualifications at City Law School in London and Cardiff Law School, gaining a distinction and winning the Edgar Buck prize for best overall performance.